This page has moved to a new address.

Emma Stylin' - Retro Rainbow

My Poppet : your weekly dose of crafty inspiration: Emma Stylin' - Retro Rainbow

My Poppet : your weekly dose of crafty inspiration

Friday 25 November 2011

Emma Stylin' - Retro Rainbow

I made Emma this skirt yesterday from some of the remnants left over from the latest batch of Retro cushions (yes some new designs coming soon). There was no rhyme or reason to the fabric combination, but I think that's what makes it so special. Emma seems to like it.
Just like most of my sewing projects, this one started with some scraps and remnants. I have a sewing hierarchy: scraps, remnants, small pieces, then as a last resort, yardage. Waste not want not, is my motto when it comes to fabric.
Did you notice Emma's 'bandaid'? She had an 'injury' and hurt her arm. Because real bandaids are reserved for blood only (yes I'm a hard ass like that), we improvised and I whipped up a sewing room special. I feel a faux first aid tutorial coming on...

Labels: ,