This page has moved to a new address.

Blythe Stylin' - Pretty in Pink

My Poppet : your weekly dose of crafty inspiration: Blythe Stylin' - Pretty in Pink

My Poppet : your weekly dose of crafty inspiration

Sunday 11 December 2011

Blythe Stylin' - Pretty in Pink

Poor Perty has been a little bit neglected of late, so I thought a new outfit was in order. I decided to try something a little more ambitious, although I don't know how successful I was.
Here she is in a little 60's style skirt and blouse combo that I made using a vintage barbie doll pattern. Barbie dolls have different proportions so I had to shorten the sleeves and tighten the waist. Putting the collar in was really tricky and the whole outfit probably took me just under 2 hours. I could have made Emma a dress in the same time!I think it turned out cute, although I'd really like to get my hands on some vintage Skipper doll patterns, as apparently they fit really well.
I am really struggling to make anything for Perty that fits properly, even the patterns that I download off the internet are too small as I cant get the print settings right.
Any hints and tips are appreciated.

Some behind the scenes action for you...

Labels: ,